Internet Marketing is also known as online marketing, or digital marketing. This is used to describe marketing activities conducted online.
In simple words, internet marketing is simply the tactics you use to get your products or services recognized and patronized by people all over the world. This does not have to be restricted to your location.
Internet marketing is what every online business engages in. If you are into online business and you don’t know about internet marketing, then you are either not knowledgeable about what you do or you’re losing out.
Internet marketing has many strategies.
Depending on what type of online business you engage in, there is always a strategy that works for it. You can’t market your online business anyhow.
You must first ascertain these things:
1) The Sector your business covers (i.e your niche)
2) Your targets and where they are congested (the people your product or service is meant for and where exactly you can find them)
The 7 Types of Internet Marketing
There are seven main types of internet marketing
1) Social media marketing
2) SEO marketing
3) Content marketing
4) Influencer marketing
5) Paid advertising
6) Email marketing
7) Affiliate Marketing
I would explain them briefly.
1) Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is simply the act of getting the attention of people and then converting their attention to sales through the use of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and most importantly WHATSAPP (I would explain why soon).
This type of marketing can be split into two.
a) The organic or as we commonly know it “THE FREE” social media marketing: This type of marketing is done without paying anything.
Organic social media marketing focuses on building a community and deepening relationships with consumers in an effort to induce interest and customer loyalty.
Under this type of social media marketing, the vendor or seller writes posts, comment on other people’s post, interact with people via messages, etc… in order to get their attention. After getting their attention, he makes extra effort to turn it into sales.
This is a type of advertisement that is carried out on the social media platforms without PAYING FOR ANYTHING.
b) Paid Advertising: This is a type of social media marketing where the vendor pays the social media in order to cover a wider range of people within a short limited time.
An example of this is “Facebook ads and Instagram ads”.
How do you know if an advertisement is paid for? – Very simple! you’d see the word “SPONSORED” on any post or video of such.
I have been able to explain to you how social media marketing works. Either you use organic or Paid, you would still generate results.
2) SEO marketing: This is also known as Search Engine Optimization. This is the process of optimizing websites and digital content to improve search engine rankings, which in turn, maximizes the number of visitors to a particular webpage.
To make it very simple, let us use an analogy.
If you go online to search the kind of business you are engaged into, the first names of organizations you see make use of SEO. SEO is simply the method of ensure your business comes up first whenever anybody search about the line of your business.
This is also a form of Internet Marketing.
It is said that google covers 79.77% of the search engine space while baidu (in china) covers 12 – 14%. So, just imagine your name popping up every time someone searches about your line of business.
This is a very good form of Internet Marketing.
3) Content Marketing: Content marketing is the process of consistently creating, distributing, and promoting relevant online materials in a way that’s strategically designed to attract, engage, and convert your target market into customers.
In other words, your success in this type of marketing depends on your ability to WRITE STRATEGICALLY and not EMOTIONALLY. This is one of the cheapest means to get the attention of customers online.
To succeed in this type of marketing, you have to learn good copywriting skills (Pay for it if you have to – maybe I would recommend where you can get access to valuable materials for a fee. I learnt from there and I am reaping the dividends).
Why do you think you’re glued to this right now?
It’s because as much as I have a lot of value to give out, I am rolling out my value STRATEGICALLY in order to keep you glued to my information and also learn.
WHICH TYPE OF BUSINESS CAN CONTENT MARKETING WORK EFFECTIVELY WITH?
Content marketing is a very good form of marketing especially for:
1) Online coaching
2) Ebook writing
3) Affiliate Marketing
4) Influencer Marketing: Do you remember the word “Ambassador”?
For example! Some years ago, The popular Nigerian actress Funke Akindele was an ambassador of GLOBACOM LIMITED.
Also, A popular shoe brand named “puma” paid a footballer called “PELE” to tie his “PUMA” shoes before the match began.
These are examples of INFLUENCER MARKETING but today, these same things now exists online.
Influencer marketing is a form of marketing where you pay a social media influencer to endorse your product or Services on his or her social media profiles. It’s very simple.
This form of marketing always works.
These influencers already have the attention of people. All they need to do is divert that attention to your product by talking about it.
Just one post can make you thousands of sales in a day. If you run a beauty shop or cosmetic business, Influencer marketing is very good for you.
Just imagine if “BRODA SHAGGI” makes a comedy skit for you online coaching business? Or if “Kevin hart” snaps with your product. You will get massive results.
Under influencer Marketing, you leverage on the influence of the influencer to influence your business profitably.
5) Paid Advertising: Paid advertising is a form of internet marketing where advertisers pay to show their adverts on search engines and other online platforms, such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Now, paid advertising is often referred to as “pay-per-click” or “PPC” – this means that advertisers will pay a fee each time a user clicks on one of their ads.
This has been explained under social media marketing.
6) Email Marketing: This is one of the most lucrative form of marketing. This is a top secret of the well established companies. This is a type of online marketing strategy that creates a relationship between the client and vendor.
Email marketing is the process of using email to send direct marketing messages to people in an effort to gain new customers and retain existing ones.
Although email marketing might not seem like the most glamorous form of internet marketing, don’t underestimate its raw power.
WHY IS E-MAIL MARKETING AN EFFECTIVE FORM OF MARKETING IN 2022?
The delivery of Email Marketing is over 400% higher than the delivery of other marketing strategy.
If you understand how to use this strategy, you will never lose a customer again.
Let me give you few quick tips:
1) To begin Email marketing, you need to get some list of Email addresses and the only way to get them is through content marketing and social media marketing. The combination of good contents and social media management skills would get you some emails.
– In every marketing post of yours, you must ensure the potential client or customer subscribe to your newsletter or whatever. By doing that, you will get your hands on emails.
2) Make sure your first email catches their attention. This called lead magnet. This is why you need a good content writer or you need to learn good copywriting skills (if you need a good content writer, I am here for you. if you need proofs, you’re reading this because you’re enjoying it. you can also check out my twitter page. My services are affordable, but not cheap).
3) You must ensure that after capturing email addresses, you begin to nurture your email subscribers with useful content, giveaways, discounts, early access to new products, and more.
If you do these three things well, you will get amazing results from this type of marketing.
7) Affiliate Marketing: This is a multi million dollar company. You don’t need to spend much, but you can earn for life.
Affiliate marketing is hiring people to market and sell your product for a commission. If you have an online business, you can adopt this strategy as well. You will get multiple results because multiple efforts are being made. This type of marketing is leveraging.
Marketing comes before sales. If you will make money online, you must learn and know the art of marketing online.
Study these seven types of Internet marketing and know which one best suits your business. Once you’ve identified it, begin to use it and you’d see great results.